Our vision for education is to equip students for a life of loving, obedient response to God and of care for and restoration of His creation.
Through education, students are equipped to discover God's grace and truth, to embrace their identity as human beings created in His image and for His glory, and to develop their God-given potential. To this end, we aspire to be a school where, in reliance upon the Holy Spirit:
- Parents assume the primary responsibility for their children's education, with CAJ assisting them in providing Christian education. CAJ exists to educate children of evangelical missionary parents, and also welcomes other families desiring their children to have a Christian education.
- Students are valued as persons created in God's image, are responsible for their learning, and can influence it by diligence, prayer for wisdom, and the application of God's Word to their lives. We recognize and value student diversity seen in ways of learning, abilities, and cultural backgrounds and identities. We believe that students mature spiritually, intellectually, aesthetically, physically, emotionally, and socially.
- Teachers model a Christ-like lifestyle; teach all subjects from a biblical perspective; implement CAJ's school philosophy in order to inform, motivate, direct, encourage, and discipline students; and avail themselves of resources and training opportunities for ongoing professional growth.
- Learning occurs as students are equipped with knowledge, skills, and attitudes so they can love and serve God and others. Students learn best within a nurturing environment which fosters an enduring joy in learning and the desire to honor Christ through learning; and where teachers pray for students and use biblical principles and sound, current educational research and practice to determine what students learn, how they are taught, and how they show what they know.
- Our program fosters the development and application of a biblical worldview to all of life by grounding students in biblical practices and values; training them to use biblical discernment as we expose them to selected non-Christian worldviews and ideas; and encouraging them to apply God's truth in daily life. Our program is communicated in the English language and is based upon an American approach which uses United States educational standards, course sequences and options (college preparatory and career), instructional materials, standardized tests, educational research, and co-curricular activities.