All students attend chapel regularly. Chapel is designed to be a time of inspiration, worship, praise, teaching from God's Word, and promotion of spiritual growth. At least once a year, a special speaker is invited to interact with students during Spiritual Life Emphasis Week (SLEW), which includes a special chapel every day and discussions with the speaker during some classes when possible. Students are expected to respect all speakers and practice good audience behavior.
The elementary chapel coordinator sets the dates, books singing chapel leaders, puts in the on campus requests, etc.
- Grades K-5 meet for chapel one Wednesday every other month (3:00-3:30 pm). Please watch the announcements for the week
- Elementary also has a first day of school assembly and a closing assembly on the last day of school.
- Elementary parents are welcome to attend chapel.
The secondary chapel coordinator is responsible for middle and high school chapels.
- All full-time secondary teachers and educational support staff are expected to attend.
- Part time staff and others are also encouraged to attend.
- Homeroom teachers may be asked to sit with their students in the assigned area for both chapels and assemblies to help students learn about appropriate behavior for these kinds of activities.
ES Index | Previous page: Campus Security | Next page: Cheating
MS Index | Previous page: Chapel Guidelines | Next page: Cheating, MS
HS Index | Previous page: Chapel Guidelines | Next page: Cheating, HS