Elementary Bible Verses
At CAJ, we desire for students to love the Word of God and memorize it faithfully, so that they remember the verses in years to come and can apply the truths to their lives. Each grade has only 5-8 verses (or groups of verses) to learn and review throughout the year. In addition to learning the new verses for each grade, we will take time to review the verses learned in past years. Our end goal is that every 5th grader graduating from CAJ elementary will be able to recite, understand, and apply the truths of these 37 Bible passages, even the verses they learned way back in Kindergarten and first grade!
We hope that by having a list of the verses for the entire elementary, CAJ elementary families can also practice these verses together at home.
God is our creator. He loves us and sent Jesus. We can trust Him.
- Genesis 1:1-3
- In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
- Genesis 1:27
- God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
- Psalm 139:14
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.
- John 3:16
- For God so loved the world, that he sent his one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
The Bible is God’s Word and it teaches us to love God and others. We can trust in God and, with God’s help, can show the fruit of the Spirit in our lives. Jesus came to the world to save us and bring joy to all people.
- Psalm 56:3
- When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
- Mark 12:30-31
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this, love your neighbor as yourself.
- Luke 2:8-14
- And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shown around them, and they were terrified, but the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you. He is the Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you. You will find the baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly, a great company of the heavenly hosts appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace to men on whom His favor rests.”
- Galatians 5:22-23
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- 1 John 4:7
- Dear friends, let us love one another for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
We have sinned, but God has saved us by his grace. We are God’s people and He gives us strength and help.
- Psalm 46:1-2
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
- Psalm 105:1-3
- O give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name, make known his deeds among the people. Sing to him, sing praise to him, tell of all his wondrous works. Glory in His holy name, let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
- Matthew 6:9-13
- This, then, is how you should pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
- Romans 6:23
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Ephesians 2:8:
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and it’s not from yourselves. It is the gift of God.
- Philippians 4:13
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Through Jesus, we can be saved from our sins. God listens to us, is with us always, and gives us peace when we bring our worries to him in prayer.
- Joshua 1:9
- Be strong and courageous, Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Psalm 40:1-2
- I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
- Psalm 62:1-2
- Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
- Jeremiah 33:3
- Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.
- Romans 10:9-10
- That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
- Philippians 4:6-7
- Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Jesus is God and is exalted above all. When we confess our sins, he forgives us. God is our shepherd and will comfort us even in difficult times. We can rejoice, pray, and be thankful because of what God has done.
- Psalm 23
- The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me along the path of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- Isaiah 9:6
- For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- John 14:6
- Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 2:9-11
- Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord.
- 1 John 1:9
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
God takes care of us and has a plan for our lives. We don’t need to worry or fear, but instead need to put God first and seek His kingdom and righteousness. (6)
- Psalm 46:10
- Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
- Isaiah 41:10
- Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Jeremiah 29:11
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Matthew 5:1-12
- Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them. He said: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
- Matthew 6:31-34
- So do not worry, saying, “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink?” or “What shall we wear?” For the pagans run after all these things and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Acts 2:42-47
- They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common.
- 1 Timothy 4:12
- Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.
- 1 Peter 1:24-25
- For,“All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.”