Difference between revisions of "MS Co-curricular Information"
(Created page with "<sophie article="MS Behavioral Expectations"/>")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<sophie article="MS "/>
Latest revision as of 10:09, 4 December 2018
- Parents and students should read and be familiar with the Student Athletic Handbook.
- Middle school sports stress experience and participation. The “A” team is the most competitive level and made up of students who have experience and ability. The “B” team consists of students who are not as experienced. Some sports may have a “C” team depending on the number of students who want to play. This team consists of students at the beginning level. It is part of our middle school sports philosophy that all team members have playing time in games against other schools. For those sports in which a great number of students wish to participate, club-level teams may be formed to provide an opportunity for regular practice and club team play.
- Parents are required to approve in writing the participation of their child in an after-school activity. A form is sent home by the director/coach listing the schedule and expectations. In addition, student participation in these activities must be approved by the middle school principal, who evaluates the student's academic and behavior records. Students who are having academic or other difficulties may be suspended from an activity for a time.
- Students must attend at least four class periods in a day in order to participate in co-curricular activities on that day (i.e., games, play practice, concerts, etc.). Participation in a scheduled physical education class is required in order to participate in co-curricular activities after school. Any exceptions must be approved by the principal.
- An annual physical examination is required for participation in the athletic program.
- A ¥5000 participation fee is billed to family accounts for each regular season sport.
Middle school students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular activities offered at CAJ. Students can participate in one sport per season. Sports offered are:
- Boys-Soccer, Cross Country
- Girls-Soccer, Cross Country, Volleyball
- Boys-Wrestling, Basketball
- Girls-Basketball, Track
The above full season sports have a ¥5000 participation fee that is billed to the family account.
Other co-curricular activities that are offered are: drama, tennis club, and brain bowl.
Handbells and robotics are offered by season (Fall, Winter, Spring) and have the same ¥5000 participation fee as sports.
CAJ offers many music opportunities, both within the curriculum and as cocurricular activities.
- CAJ offers private music lessons. These lessons are coordinated by staff members, and fees are paid through the school or on a private basis, depending on the contract status of the teacher.
- Students may also arrange to rent an instrument for an additional cost.
- Lessons are given for most band instruments, stringed instruments, piano, and voice.
- Practice rooms are available by arrangement with the music coordinator.
- Students who wish to use any of the facilities in the auditorium need a staff sponsor who is in the building. Arrangements must be made ahead of time.
- Families may apply for music lessons using this form linked to the web site: Music Lesson Application